Sunday 8 May 2005

Who is your mentor?

The American Academy of Achievement celebrates, what else, achievement; specifically Aemrican achievers, It seeks to "bring students face-to-face with the extraordinary leaders, thinkers and pioneers who have shaped our world."

A page on the site here offers you the chance to find your own 'mentors' with a few simple mouse-clicks. The site tells me my own mentors include Sir Edmund Hillary, Chuck Yeager and BB King, which as you can imagine left me feeling pretty happy - at least I was until I discovered Philip Johnson, Jimmy Carter and Ralph Nader were also on my list, and that Frank Lloyd Wright and Duke Ellington weren't even included in the academy. I guess Frank and Duke did pass on some years ago, but the egregious Philip Johnson died not long ago, and he hardly deserves the acclaim anyway.

See who is on your own list and see if you agree with it here.

[Hat-tip to Stephen Hicks.}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keith parks would probably be the greatest new zealander almost nobodies heard of any one of his exploits would count him in.
john brittens definitely up there

Anonymous said...

keith parks would probably be the greatest new zealander almost nobodies heard of any one of his exploits would count him in.
john brittens definitely up there