Thursday 30 June 2005

Hostage hunts down arseholes

Noodle Food has the story of
  • the Swede held hostage in Iraq for 47 days whao has "hired bounty hunters to track down his former captors, promising to eliminate them one by one". Ulf Hjertstrom told reporters, "I have now put some people to work to find these bastards,...I invested about $50,000 so far and we will get them one by one."
  • Australian Douglas Wood, who had the temerity to call his Iraqi captors "arseholes" after they let him go. Editor of 'The Age' Andrew Jaspan simpered "The issue really is largely, speaking as I understand it, he was treated well there. He says he was fed every day, and as such to turn around and use that kind of language I think is just insensitive." Clearly Jaspan wanted to be noticed too, so I'll do that now: "Arsehole!"

No comments: