Wednesday 22 June 2005

Spin from a Labour hack

Labour hack Jordan Carter spins like Helen Clark over the latest bad-poll-news for Labour, but he's more transparent becasause he's not as good at it.

The reason for the poor result for Labour is, according to Jordan:
  • National's billboards
  • 'we haven't started yet'
  • "the string of mistakes, manufactured or real"
  • the budget [is that one of the real mistakes, I wonder, or a manufactured one?]
Worry ye not, however, about Labour's doom says Jordan: Labour "is still polling where it got in the 1999 and 2002 elections," says Jordan. So forget the accelerating downward trend; ignore the drop between polls and polling days in Labour's 1999 and 2002 numbers; and hold on to the notion that National's "vast swathes of support... is by definition soft."

You cling to that Jordan. As you say, "it's going to be a damn interesting campaign!" Wonder when it will start.
[UPDATE: David Farrar has fisked Jordans's poll-spinning since November last year. 'Hack' might be too kind a description of his amusing ineptitude. 'Satirist' might be a better word.]

9 comments:

Craig Ranapia said...

Jordan really should finish his sentences: Labour "is still polling where it got in the 1999 and 2002 elections..." So, Labour is still polling around the same level it did in 2002 when National ran a shit campaign that lead to the lowest share of the popular vote in the party's history.

What's wrong with this picture?

T said...

If Jordan is a Labour "hack" for sticking ardently to his beliefs surely that makes you a libertarian "hack".

How come when the right have very strong belives they are "thoughtfull considerations" when other people have equally strong belives they are merely "hacks"

it looks just a little arrogant...

Peter Cresswell said...

About Town, you said, "If Jordan is a Labour "hack" for sticking ardently to his beliefs surely that makes you a libertarian "hack"."

That's probably fair comment. :-)

That said, I'm not commenting on Jordan's 'beliefs' -- I'm pointing his comments on facts which he's struggling to avoid.

That's instructive to watch, whoever is in that position.

"How come when the right have very strong belives they are "thoughtfull considerations" when other people have equally strong belives they are merely "hacks"?"

There are just as many hacks on the right as on the left, as I frequently enjoy pointing out.

"it looks just a little arrogant..."

Little old me? ;^)

David Farrar said...

This post inspired me to do my own one :-)

Anonymous said...

Why do I have to read this on every NZ site I visit? You could say exactly the same about ACT supporters- and they have been in a downtrend forever. But no matter - the disciples are in denial. Anyway that Jordan guy beat me to it about Hide - he is the most unattractive man I have EVER seen - and that's saying something. He looks like a gnome - and you guys go on about Clark. I'm sure this is one reason why they are polling so badly. Someone should nominate him for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. I'm going to post about that.

Anonymous said...

I asked Rodney about you Ruth and he said you were the best he had ever had....he was a little put off by your screaming your own name at the height of passion though....:-)

Anonymous said...

I love pissing people off on this blog. You men bite every time - dancing monkeys that you are.

Every time a coconut. Bwahahaha!

Anonymous said...

When you piss me off Ruth I'll let you know...You main talent is making me crack up with laughter and then remembering to give something to the collectors for the neurological foundation next time they come round....

Anonymous said...

I rest my case. Dance little monkey, dance! Very satisfying.