Tuesday 28 November 2006

New Prisoner?

News for Prisoner fans like myself:
BBC NEWS: Remake for cult show The Prisoner
Patrick McGoohan played Prisoner Number 6 in the original Cult TV series The Prisoner is to be remade into a six-part series for Sky One, the broadcaster has confirmed. Director of programmes Richard Woolfe promised a "thrilling reinvention" of the drama about an ex-secret agent trapped in an isolated village.

Too early however to tell if this is good news. Like all fans of these TV shows, we remember with horror the Avengers film... In the meantime, click to hear this important message from that first series:

"I will not make any deals with you... I've resigned... I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own."

LINK: Remake for cult show The Prisoner [Hat tip Robin T]
The Unmutual. A Website dedicated to the 1960s TV series The Prisoner
The Prisoner for a new generation - Jennie Fiddes, The Unmutual website
Message from The Prisoner - Movie Sound Clips [audio]

RELATED: Films & TV

No comments: