Wednesday 6 December 2006

God Releasing Stars into the Universe - Michael Newberry

One of my own favourite Newberry paintings, this one speaks of creation -- artistic creation. Open it up and stare at it for a while, and you might see what I mean. Says the artist,
The act of creation, personally, feels like a catalytic experience. Energy gathers inside me, is quickly digested, and explodes out of my being through my hands.

I love the operas of Puccini and Verdi but many people don't understand why the singer can soar so effortlessly while they are supposed to be dying. That has never bothered me, I love it in fact. The voice is representing their overall spirit. In a similar way that is the spirit in this painting, it is not meant literally but, rather, its a symbol of my spirit.
If you want an original Newberry for yourself, or for a gift, or a Newberry print to give to someone for Christmas, then now is the time to take advantage of his misfortune and buy with twenty percent off.

LINKS: Newberry Art - Michael Newberry
A Passionate Vision, Price List - Michael Newberry
Newberry Sale! - Not PC

RELATED: Art, Objectivism

No comments: