Sunday 9 March 2008

Current favourites

Some songs that are currently getting a thrashing on my sound-making equipment:
  • My Soul's in Louisiana - Otis Taylor
  • Pendulum - Little Bushman (although a lyricist is desperately needed)
  • 'Round Midnight - Joe Jackson playing Thelonious Monk
  • Core 'Ngrato - Mario Lanza singing Caruso
  • Tosca (Act III excerpt) - Giuseppe de Stefano and Maria Callas singing Puccini
Not yet all-time favourites, but damn these are good. The first song I heard on a
blues compilation kindly sent to me by a reader in Missouri. Fantastic stuff. The last three are on old records (yes, vinyl) that have come alive with a new amp that really looks after records. Fifty year old records are sounding superb!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know the first two, but the other three are great. One of my favourite discs is a compilation of Puccini arias by some of the greats (including Pavarotti).