Tuesday 8 July 2008

The new Auckland winger

    The Auckland rugby manager sends scouts out round the world looking for a new player to hopefully win them the NPC.
    One scout informs him of a talented young Iraqi winger.
    The coach flies to Iraq to watch him,is suitably impressed and arranges for him to come over to play for Auckland.
    Two weeks later, Auckland are 30-0 down at home to Wellington with only 20 minutes left. The coach gives the young Iraqi winger the nod to go on.
    The lad is a sensation, scores 6 tries in 20 minutes and wins the game for Auckland.
    The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are ecstatic, and the media love the new star.

    When he comes off the field he phones his Mum to tell her about his first day playing rugby for Auckland.
    'Hi Mum, guess what?' he says. 'I Played for 20 minutes today, we were 30-0 down, but I scored 6 tries and we won.  Everybody loves me, the fans, the players and the media, they all love me'.
    'Great,' says his Mum, 'now let me tell you about my day'.
    'Your father got shot in the street, your sister and I were attacked and beaten, and your brother has joined a gang of looters, all while you were having a great time.'

    The young lad is very upset. What can I say Mum, I'm so sorry.
    'Sorry?!' says his Mum. 'It's your fault that we moved to Auckland in the first place!'

No comments: