Thursday 23 October 2008

The best garden shed in Hamilton

GardenShed

One of the great things about good clients and good architecture is that once you develop a grammar for the primary building in a group, the rest of the 'collection' almost design themselves -- as a prime example, this garden shed, designed by some very fine clients as a perfect 'garden wall' addition to their main house.

In particular, I love the way the rain chain and the 'slots' in the boundary block wall play off each other, and the way the sunlight comes through upon the decking.  Very nice.

5 comments:

Jeffrey Perren said...

Stunning! I knew you were a stellar commentator. I had no idea you were such an outstanding architect as well. Bravo.

Peter Cresswell said...

Why thank you sir -- although I must hasten to say that credit for this little cutie must go to my clients.

They'll be very pleased to read your praise. :-)

Luke H said...

That is bloody awesome. Now I want to be an architect. :-)

A rain chain, you say? I haven't ever seen one in action but it sounds cool.

Peter Cresswell said...

LUKE: Rain chains? A traditional Japanese alternative to ugly bloody downpipes.

You can find more about them, and even order one, here.

And I'd like to be able to recommend a good local architecture school ... but I can't. ;^)

unclewilco said...

lovely... would the clients care to "Share their shed" with our sheddie's on www.readersheds.co.uk