Monday 4 October 2010

The Case for Legalizing Capitalism

Guest Post by Jeff Perren

Someone called Kel Kelly, has written a book with the title of the post.

I haven't read it - and given the current length of my reading list it will be 10 years before I can even crack its cover - but I have to salute one of the best book titles I've ever seen.

From the review on Mises.org:
_Quote He considers every important topic: banking, education, taxation, labor, environment, trade, war and peace, safety, medicine, drugs, and far more. He presents the reader with a basic explanation of how capitalism is supposed to work and how society functions when commerce is free. He then turns to all the areas of life that are distorted and destroyed by the great "helping hand" of government.
Hmmm... maybe I'll bump this up my reading list.


P.S. Based on a single comment on the review, it sounds as if Mr. Kelly has the usual screwed up views about war and foreign policy. But, then, it is on Mises.org so that's what one would expect. Still, it sounds as if the book might be worthwhile otherwise, and you really can't beat that title.

No comments: