Thursday 17 May 2012

NZ Music Month: “What Sound is This?”

Oops. I just remembered that May is NZ Music Month.

And since I’m really enjoying The Verlaines’s new album* ‘Untimely Meditations,’ here’s the album’s closer. Bastard has been stuck in my head for a week.

Maybe I’ll try to post one great piece of NZ music a day to make up for my oversight. Feel free to make suggestions in the comments, (which, of course, I’ll feel perfectly free to ignore).

* Well, new to me ‘cos it’s been sitting around waiting for me to start playing it.

3 comments:

Freezing South said...

Dunedin Sound 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry_GXKMpGe8

peterquixote said...

this is not Music PC it is a message, and Musicians are boring messengers.

Anonymous said...

Awful. Bloody Awful.

Having said that, the Verlaines were one of the best bands of that 80's Flying Nun era (with songs like Death & The Maiden, Pyromaniac & Doomsday) in a field littered with no-talent shoe-gazing dirge merchants that the wanky, lefty music press still fawn over today (like Shayne Carter). Many a good Radio with Pictures episodes in the 80's were ruined with that Flying Nun shit.